After starting the reading list and seeing certain books not on there I thought I would make a list of books that I think everyone should read.
1. Is of course the whole Harry Potter series, I adore these books, read them at least once a year and think that everyone can enjoy some aspect of the series.
2. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'engle this was one of my, if not the first favorite book I ever had. The whole series is wonderful, it was the first book I read with a strong, smart female lead.
3. The Hobbit and LOTR trilogy the books are amazing, if you haven't noticed I love fantasy novels especially deeply descriptive novels.
4. Stardust by Neil Gaiman, I love everything he has written he is one of my favorite authors but this is his book I think has something for everyone, some of the others are far, far darker.
5. Lamb by Christopher Moore, another author I just love and have read most of the things he has written. This one is once again the one I think is most enjoyable for the masses and not as twisted as some of his others. He is hilarious though, great style and humor.
6. I capture the castle by Dodie Smith this is also one of J.K. Rowling's *favorite* books. Another strong, smart female protagonist.
7. Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut, also Slaughterhouse but you know that's too easy. Vonnegut is another of my very favorite authors, I have read very many of his books and need to own them all.
There are many others I think are great (and a couple I know I have forgotten) A farwell to arms by Hemingway is one also there are also some series I think are enjoyable but not everyone would like such as the Hunger Games series and her other series Gregor the Overlander both by Suzanne Collins. I am always up for suggestions though.