Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thought I would share my favorite books.

After starting the reading list and seeing certain books not on there I thought I would make a list of books that I think everyone should read.
1. Is of course the whole Harry Potter series, I adore these books, read them at least once a year and think that everyone can enjoy some aspect of the series.
2. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'engle this was one of my, if not the first favorite book I ever had. The whole series is wonderful, it was the first book I read with a strong, smart female lead.
3. The Hobbit and LOTR trilogy the books are amazing, if you haven't noticed I love fantasy novels especially deeply descriptive novels.
4. Stardust by Neil Gaiman, I love everything he has written he is one of my favorite authors but this is his book I think has something for everyone, some of the others are far, far darker.
5. Lamb by Christopher Moore, another author I just love and have read most of the things he has written. This one is once again the one I think is most enjoyable for the masses and not as twisted as some of his others. He is hilarious though, great style and humor.
6. I capture the castle by Dodie Smith this is also one of J.K. Rowling's *favorite* books.  Another strong, smart female protagonist.
7. Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut, also Slaughterhouse but you know that's too easy. Vonnegut is another of my very favorite authors, I have read very many of his books and need to own them all.
There are many others I think are great (and a couple I know I have forgotten) A farwell to arms by Hemingway is one also there are also some series I think are enjoyable but not everyone would like such as the Hunger Games series and her other series Gregor the Overlander both by Suzanne Collins. I am always up for suggestions though.




3 comments:

  1. For I Capture The Castle, you said it's also one of J.K. Rowling's books. Did you mean it's one of her favorite books? I just wanted to make sure she hadn't like written it under a pseudonym or anything cause I didn't think she had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for finding that! Must have been distracted, definitely meant her favorite not her's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always on the look out for new books to read--have read most of those, and am actually re-reading HP.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete